The Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1993 requires the appointment of health and safety representatives when the number of employees exceeds 20. The employer is required to provide health and safety training in order for them to perform their duties.
Two main aims of the Health & Safety Representatives training course
- To provide appointed Health & Safety Representatives with an overview of the O.H.S Act. This includes knowing what the act says about the duties and responsibilities of employers and their employees and what it requires of them.
- To provide Health & Safety Representatives with an understanding of their role as such. This includes knowing what their duties and responsibilities are and how you should carry them out.
- Half day course
- Appointment of SHE Reps in Terms of Latest Legislation
- Duties & Functions of a Health & Safety Representative
- Safety Committees
- Health & Safety Representative inspections - checklists etc.
- Accident Investigation & Reporting
- Candidates Receive Handout
- Candidates Issued with Certificate on Completion
Who Should Attend Our Health & Safety Representatives Training Course?:
- Any who will be serving as Safety Representatives in the company
- Any Current Safety Representatives for Retraining (every two Years)
- Management/Supervisors interested in the Safety Rep System